It's officially wedding season and the invitations are rolling in. YAY for love being in the air, but whoa- dresses and makeup and shoes and appointments and planning... oh my. The wedding + bridal beauty list can go on and on. Many times, brides and bridal party members are so busy checking off the big to-dos from their lists that they forget to take care of the little things like taking care of their teeth. I am not a bride-to-be yet, but have been in my share of weddings and know that when it comes to
bridal bridesmaid beauty it's important to make sure my teeth are sparkling for all the photos being taken. If you know me you know how concerned I am about my teeth being on their A-game. So, when Great Expressions Dental Centers contacted me with great tips for beautiful wedding season smiles I knew I had to share them.
B R I D A L + W E D D I N G B E A U T Y T I P S
p e a r l y w h i t e s f o r t h e b i g d a y
1. DENTIST CHECK-IN. Visit your dentist eight months before your wedding to ensure that your teeth have been checked and are free of any serious problems. This would be a great time to get a cleaning.
2. TEETH WHITENING. Depending on what product you use, start whitening your teeth a few months in advance. Pay attention to your body and don’t leave white strips on for too long to prevent sensitivity.
3. BRIDESMAID GIFTS. When looking for gifts to give your bridesmaid, think about purchasing teeth whitening kits just for them. Chances are, they forgot about their teeth as well and if done correctly, they will appreciate the gift.
4. AVOID STAINABLE BEVERAGES. Leading up to your wedding day cut back on drinking red wine or coffee and tea that will stain your teeth. It would be a shame to lose all of that effort you put into whitening just for a week’s worth of coffee. The day before the wedding be sure to drink water or stick with white wine. This will also prevent you from spilling anything that may stain your clothes!
5. LIPSTICK. When it is time to take wedding day photos, pick the right shade of lipstick. Yellow-based lipstick tends to highlight the yellow in your teeth, even if your teeth are relatively white. Softer pinks photograph well. If you are not sure about your shade of lipstick, test it out before the big day!
6. BRONZER. Applying bronzer on your big day will automatically make your teeth appear whiter. Just don’t overdo it – you don’t want your face to look too dark or unnaturally tanned. Mix a little bronzing lotion into your face cream before smoothing it over your skin.
7. FRESH BREATH EMERGENCY KIT. As an extra precaution, be sure to pack a wedding day emergency kit to bring with you to the ceremony and reception. Pack a toothbrush, toothpaste, mints and floss to ensure you have fresh breath for the first kiss and when you greet your guests.
So what whitening kit would make a fabulous gift? An Opalescence Go kit!
Opalescence Go Tooth Whitening Systems gives professional results - to go.
Opalescence Go is an easy at home professional alternative to regular OTC whitening options, but better. I find Opalescence Go to be super user friendly- a great combo of tray + strip application except not a tray that requires an impression and not a strip you need to touch to line up properly. I'm telling you, they are so easy to use!
As shared on the Opalescence website:
You can win pearly whites of your for your big day thanks to Opalescence & Great Expressions Dental Centers!a Rafflecopter giveaway