Clean eating has become increasingly popular and I for one can understand why. When I eat healthier and more whole foods instead of processed (more of a Whole30 and Paleo way) my body feels so much better. But, what’s a girl with a huge sweet tooth to do when she needs a little sweet treat and doesn’t want her tummy to later suffer? She whips up a Paleo friendly dessert, of course. This weekend I caved to my chocolate craving and made a batch of Paleo Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Bars. It was worth it. So worth it!
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pink himalayan sea salt
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine pecans, 1 cup coconut, dates, 1 tsp vanilla, and a pinch of salt in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped and mixture holds its shape when pressed together.
- Firmly press mixture evenly into prepared dish, then place dish in freezer.
- While the crust is in the freezer, combine cashews, 1 cup coconut, water, a pinch of salt (optional) and 1 tsp vanilla in food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Remove baking dish from freezer. Spread filling over crust.
- Slice bananas and arrange over cashew spread layer.
- Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- Whisk together coconut oil and honey, then whisk in cocoa powder until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over slice bananas.
- Transfer pan to refrigerator; chill for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Sprinkle bars with salt and cut into bars to serve.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- If a thinner bar is desired, a larger pan can be used.
I think Banana & Chocolate is such a great combo, are you a fan of it? If you make the bars or are thinking about it drop a comment below, I’d love to hear what you think of them.